View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 BLOPS2 
<1>Soldier

Post Re: BLOPS2
Chenzo wrote:
I've got a confession to make. I've got it for the 360 and I like it.

I need to go take a shower and wash off the shame.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:57 pm
<1>Officer

Chenzo wrote:
I've got a confession to make. I've got it for the 360 and I like it.

I need to go take a shower and wash off the shame.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:58 pm
<1>Officer

lmfao, haters gonna hate i guess.

And I don't think this is a console vs pc thread, we all know pc wins, especially here lol, and I agree. better graphics, better control, better customization etc, agreed.

Assuming the thread is about BO2, it's good lol and ill give you what info I have on it. I think it's better than MW3. If you thought that MW3 didn't suck and that you just lost your interest in playing it because it was like the 5th COD you've played in a row, you're wrong. BO2 reinvigorates the gun play you like from the series letting you customize a 10 slot system of gear.

So, hard to explain, but you get 10 slots to put whatever you want in there, perks, guns, attachments, equipment, nades etc. If you want to roll an assault rifle with 3 attachments and a second primary with 2 attachments, you can do that shit, BUT you can't roll ANY perks, OR tac or lethal nades. It makes for interesting choicemaking.

It works on an unlock system too for the guns. Rank up, get an unlock token, use it to unlock a gun. Attachments are unlocked by ranking up your gun which means just killing fools with it. 4 scopes have a set of unlockable reticles you get by getting kills looking thru it, cept for some which are a little different, but one is a moustache, it's almost worth buying the game to get that. I just unlocked it last night and its a terrible scope for scoping, but i cant stop using it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJy1Aj9aPIs

lots of camos unlocked for headshots with a weapon i think, make your own emblem maker is back, lots of unlockable titles and a little title showcase on your player card and a place for a screenshot you can add.

Treyarch makes good stuff, well, they make good stuff better by adding lots of little changes to things. Zombies is ok, but i never really liked that mode. Its kind of become a little story modeish.

No killstreaks, only score streaks now, no juggernaut, no martyrdom, map layouts seem to allow for a LITTLE more flow but not much variance from the traditional 3 points of ingress/egress.

It plays like the same solid shooter every COD ever has, and has some cool new shit. Did you expect something different? lol it's Guitar Hero, it's got,...guitars.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
<1>Officer

Update: The unlock tokens are also used for unlocking Scorestreaks.

You can prestige a weapon to get your clan tag and emblem on it, but it wipes all of the attachments you got on it, and the reticles I think. Have not tested the reticles tho.

No more Sabotage mode, replaced with a King of the Hill variant called Hardpoint.

I heard my guys talking last night about how the other team put microwaves at each pre-set spawn so people were just spawning and getting cooked, lol, there's always something.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
<1>Soldier

the gameplay of blops 2 is pretty solid, to be honest. The multi-player anyways. They have a few modes I enjoy, like Hardened and Confirmed Kill, where you have to get the guys dog tags to have the kill counted, and if one of their guys picks up the tags, no kill. The not having a server browser makes me want my money back, though. Matchmaking services on PC's will always be shite. Too bad, too, because the game is fun. I didn't buy any MW games last year, and now I am good for another year or two without giving any money to Activision.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:32 am
Profile YIM WWW
<1>Officer

Right, Harpoint and Kill Confirmed, both good, but on the 360 we cant play either of those in hardcore. We only have FFA, TDM, S&D and CTF. Dunno why they can't let us have all core modes in hardcore.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
<1>Soldier

<1>Rator wrote:
Right, Harpoint and Kill Confirmed, both good, but on the 360 we cant play either of those in hardcore. We only have FFA, TDM, S&D and CTF. Dunno why they can't let us have all core modes in hardcore.

that will be the next Blops 2 DLC: for only 19.99, play all the modes everyone else already can!

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
<1>Officer

Activision had their rating downgraded by market analysts, specifically because of BLOPS2. Poor reviews and comparatively poor sales (even though it's still a huge seller). People, including reviewers, are feeling burnt out on the constant new games with high prices and not much better gameplay. Better... but not enough to explain why you need to pay another $60 (+dlc) for something not dramatically better than the previous one a year earlier. Unlike sports games, there aren't new players and rosters. And it's fracturing the player base. Which is diminishing the multiplayer experience on platforms like PC (which while not being as big of a market as the 360, it is still a meaningful market).

Plus it went up against Halo 4 on the 360, which *is* a lot better (according to players and reviewers) than the previous Halo. Sure, they're different styles of game, but it's quite possible that Halo 4 didn't help Blops2.

*shrug*

Kotick said that he wanted to do fewer IPs and focus on a handful of big money earners. That might bite him in the ass if COD (which is >40% of their gross revenue) goes to shit on them.

-m

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:08 pm
<1>Officer

I think about it like this, they're not reinventing the wheel. When they made the wheel (COD4) everyone went batshitbonkers cause it was such a solid new game, perks , streaks etc, so acti isnt gonna reinvent it. I dont blame them. If you KNEW you could make x billion dollars every year, you'd do it too, fuck "art". "illion" is worth way more than your art.

Here's where we are, the small guys that want to make the art that you want to play, can't afford to make them successful. While the bigdogs like acti keep tossing COD into a blender with one or two other items to see what kind of babies it makes. Cause they've created juggernauts. Man it's even tough for another bigdog to compete with COD, look at MOH, probly a good game right? could NOT compete with the Duty.

BF3 has been the only one that's come close on the console anyway, and that only split the base between MW3 and BF3 for a little less than a year.

Here's what I recommend, get GameFly and shut up. If you rent something you like, buy it from them or whatever. But you guys are smart, you know why things are the way they are, we just have to deal with it.

And about price, it DOES take a lot of time and effort to make even a sequel, even with the same engine. The SP concept needs to be written, dialogue, actors for voices and mo cap, sound effects, sound design and music/score, map design, texturing, research on location, weapon R&D, all the character and weapon/equipment modelling and texturing, particle effects, icons, logos, marketing, advertising, press releases, appearances, e3, etc etc etc.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
<1>Officer

The Model T sold like bonkers but you'd hate commuting every day in one. The "reinventing the wheel" analogy doesn't really fit when games as a whole continue to change and advance. The issue about billions being better than art is true. But failing to innovate or improve can be bad for business. Which is clear when the game doesn't sell as well as predicted or get the reviews the prior games did. That's a fact.

It's still a big money maker. No doubt. But Activision stands to see the COD brand weaken if they continue the same trend.

As for wanting art... Sure, I want that, too. But I also want big blockbuster shooting games. But I also want value when I buy those things. I've put a lot money into COD, so I clearly like what they've done. But I also feel like it's not worth it to buy every game and DLC. I like the games to improve more between full price versions and I'd like the player base to be less fragmented over multiple versions. That isn't a matter of the content of the game or the gameplay, which I've definitely enjoyed. This is a matter of the value offered. It's not art, it's business.

Oh, and I'll definitely put BLOPS 2 in my queue for PC games on Gamefly.

-m

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 pm
<1>Officer

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 pm
<1>Soldier

so a week or so full of trying to play this game, and i have to say, this is probably THE worst match making service I have seen on a pc game. Leave a game because someone is hacking, try to join another, and get put right back into the same server, mid game, numerous times. want to pick the map you want to play? too fucking bad. Seriously, I am now sorry I spent money on this. Again, don't make the same mistake I did.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2